Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Rapunzel/Tangled Wig


My little girl decided to be Rapunzel/Tangled for Halloween this year. I contemplated buying or borrowing a wig but decided it would be more unique if I made my own wig! So I came up with a plan and got to work! Here are the steps so you can make your own Rapunzel/Tangled wig. 
(SORRY - I didn't take any pictures as I made it.)

Supplies:
Yellow Yarn
Purple Ribbon
Pink Flowers
Rubber bands
Scissors
Hot Glue Gun

1) I cut the whole roll of yarn at 110 in long. This can get to be a bit tedious but I did it while 
catching up on DVR and the time went by faster.

2) Attach all the of the yarn with a rubber band. Now in order to braid it I found it easier to tie the rubber band end to my stair case banister or you could always ask for someone to hold that end for you. Before you begin braiding you will want to add one strand of purple ribbon down the length of the yarn. Now you can begin braiding - just make sure you keep the ribbon in one section while you braid. 

3) When your finished close off with a rubber band. Get your little princess and wrap one end of the braid around her head to form a crown. Once you have that measured you will add another rubber band where you need to attach to form a circle. Just thread it through and if done correctly you will have a perfect crown that fits perfectly to her head. 

4) Now we will add the finishing touches. You will want to tie another strand of ribbon up where the crown meets to hide the raw ends of yarn and at the bottom of the braid. Tie both of those into a bow. Now you will attach the flowers with hot glue. 

Voila you have made a one of a kind Rapunzel / Tangled wig!

*Tip it can be a bit heavy if so just hot glue a plastic comb on the inside of your your braid to secure it to head better.





No comments:

Post a Comment